Monday, April 03, 2006

Internet Dependency

The ADSL line for my computer at home went down for a couple of days and then it finally turned out, after it came back up, that, in our efforts to figure out what was wrong, we had changed the password. And figuring that out with the ISP took another couple of days.

That was a very frustrating period for me since, although the web pages and mailing lists that I maintain on a computer at CWRU law school were, fortunately, still up and running, I could not reach them. And, although I could work on the article that I am working on about software patents, I could use neither Google nor Lexis nor any other internet service to find the text of the law cases that I was trying to write about.

Fortunately I had a cold that allowed me to sleep a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home